President Trump left the WH today for a fundraiser at Larry Ellison’s (founder of Oracle and devotee of America’s Cup Racing) home in Rancho Mirage, California. The home is called Porcupine Creek.
Here is the schedule for the next week. Buckle up, it’s busy.
President Trump will dominate the headlines
- President leaves Tuesday for a fundraiser in Rancho Mirage, California at Larry Ellison’s house. It’s a big deal. Expected to raise about 10 million dollars.
- Phoenix, AZ Wed, February 19, 2020 07:00 pm (MST)
- President flies back to Vegas to spend the night.
- Thursday Morning, President attends Graduation Ceremony for Prisoners in Vegas, signature program. If he can actually reduce the recidivism rate, it would be a major accomplishment.
- President flies to Colorado Springs for rally.
- Colorado Springs, CO Thu, February 20, 2020 05:00 pm (MST)
- President flies back to Vegas to spend the night.
- Las Vegas, NV Fri, February 21, 2020 12:00 pm (PST)
- VP Pence gives a rally in Reno, 1:15pm.
- Fly back to DC or to Mar-A-Lago? Is Baron on spring break? Melania did not come back to the WH with President after the Daytona 500. Maybe they are still in Florida? No….. if you thought we were done, you were WRONG.
- After speaking at three rallies in three days in three states, with attending a California fundraiser and Las Vegas graduation speech, Trump will have one day to rest up before he heads to India for a two-day visit with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (and Melania is going to India with him)
A little bit more about Porcupine Creek. I saw this house when it was on the market. The swimming pool holds 675K gallons. Compared to our lovely swimming pool which holds 38,000 gallons….. it’s practically 20Xs the size of my “estate-size” swimming pool.
The home WAS owned by Tim and Edra Blixseth who were the founders of Yellowstone Club, exclusive Golf Resort where Obama showed up to golf the day after Trump’s inauguration. Hehe…
Playing off the profit of developing Yellowstone Club, Tim and Edra Blexsith built their own trophy home on a prime select 249 acres, with the 11th best golf course in California. The estate has an 18,430-square-foot Mediterranean-style main home, 16 bedrooms, located in the heart of the sun-drenched city of Rancho Mirage at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains. The home has hand-painted ceiling murals, an amphitheater and a resort-style pool. With eight two-bedroom guest houses, a gym, spa, an outdoor party grotto with a full-size stage, and commercial kitchens, the private home has been the scene for numerous charity events that often drew 500 or more guests.
Here’s the link for oodles of pics of the interiors: https://www.businessinsider.com/larry-ellison-porcupine-creek-2011-2#what-a-view-for-a-round-of-golf-14
But Tim and Edra had a bloody divorce and listed the property for sale at 75 million dollars.
The property didn’t sell….. lingered…… you know, that Obama economy was tough on Cali real estate. The Blexsith’s dropped the price to 55 million dollars to settle the divorce. Enter Larry Ellison…. the world’s 6th richest man at the time. Ellison snapped up the property for 42.9 million, cuz not even billionaires pay retail.
Lawrence Joseph Ellison (Larry)…….. we could write a dozen books on him…… is an American businessman, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who is a co-founder and the executive chairman and chief technology officer of Oracle Corporation.
As of October 2019, he was listed by Forbes magazine as the fourth-wealthiest person in the United States and as the sixth-wealthiest in the world, with a fortune of $69.1 billion, increased from $54.5 billion in 2018. How/why do you suppose Ellison increased his holdings by 15 billion dollars in one year? Could it be because of this man?
From WIKI: Ellison is 75 years old, been married and divorced 4 times, 6’3″ tall, and was born in the Bronx to an unwed Jewish mother. His biological father was an Italian American United States Army Air Corps pilot. After Ellison contracted pneumonia at the age of nine months, his mother gave him to her aunt and uncle for adoption. He did not meet his biological mother again until he was 48. Raised Jewish but refused Bar-Mitzvah.
His adoptive parents moved to the burbs of Chicago. He was a member of the “fighting Illini at Champaign-Urbana for two years when his mother died. He spent the summer in California, and went back to the Univ of Chicago for one semester where he was “introduced to computer design”. He checked out in 1966, at age 22, and moved to Berkeley.
In the 1970s, Ellison began working for AMPEX. His life is a fascinating read of the wild west in Silicon Valley. Ellison was ruthless, put competitors in jail, jostled for control, accused of insider trading, paid off charities, and rode the wave. He’s an American success story. Larry Ellison collects homes, cars, yachts, tennis tournaments, planes, and people. Politically, he has endorsed Rand Paul and Marco Rubio in the past, and contributed to both Dems and Repubs.
While 2200 Oracle employees have signed a petition “demanding” Larry Ellison rescind the invitation to President Trump, ALL OF SILICON VALLEY KNOWS, they are under pressure for regulation and taxation from foreign governments. America’s tech titans have created vast wealth and mean to protect it. Nothing motivates like love of money. Greed makes strange bedfellows and the founders of Silicon Valley know that Bernie/Liz Warren/even Bloomberg will not defend them internationally, like President Trump has and will, and a socialist would never keep the economy roaring like President Trump, while they all know Bloomberg is a sell-out to China. Odd, eh?
Nonetheless, for Larry Ellison to step out and endorse Trump is a big deal.