Notifications
Clear all

Does the Q&A format officially SUCK?

4 Posts
3 Users
6 Likes
Topic starter

I'm starting to think it does.

I got a notification that Red (redlegleader68) had replied on the test thread.  I clicked the notification, it took me to the test thread, and THERE WAS NOTHING.  Could not find his answer.

I did all kinds of searches using the forum tools that TOLD me his comment was there, but nothing.  Finally, I noticed "Show 3 more comments" on my original expansion of the question (meaning the blurb like this one right here that I am typing).  Well, I tried to click on the link with "Show 3 more comments" and it did NOTHING.

SO - I went back to the settings and found where the number of comments on a reply box answer (or the expansion of the original question - same format) was being limited.  I reset it to "zero", which makes the limit infinite - "SHOW ALL", basically.

But then I noticed, after FINALLY seeing Red's comment - NO WAY TO RESPOND.

Screw that.  That SUCKS.

So - am I wrong to think it sucks?  LOL!  Sorry, I'm having a good time bitching.  There is no right answer here.  What do y'all think?

W

2 Answers

I don't like it at all. I find it very confusing for most discussions. It seems to be used for tech support forums when someone is trying to find a solution to a computer problem. But I just don't see it for much else.

Wolf Moon | Threat to Demonocr... Topic starter 22/04/2021 2:15 am

Yeah, I'm thinking I will leave up a "Question Forum" for people to post questions or create solicited answers, but it will NOT be the main discussion forum.

I concur. Yes.

Wolf Moon | Threat to Demonocr... Topic starter 22/04/2021 2:16 am

Thanks!!!

Share: