Dear MAGA: 20190530 Open Topic

This THINKING OF WHERE EAGLES DARE TO GO THURSDAY open thread is VERY OPEN – a place for everybody to post whatever they feel they would like to tell the White Hats, and the rest of the MAGA world.

For Zoe’s benefit, the text:

PHC
May 29, 2019 at 18:37

Decision time for me………..
Continue the deterioration in what is becoming unbearable pain, or head to hospice where communication is limited.
Will say my goodbyes tonight, and check in tomorrow.

Liked by you and 4 other people

Patrick Henry Censored, May 29, 2019

You can say what you want, comment on what other people said, and so on.

Free Speech is practiced here. ENJOY IT. Use it or lose it.

Keep it SOMEWHAT civil. They tried to FORCE fake Orwellian civility on us. In response, we CHOOSE true civility to defend our precious FREEDOM from THEM.

Our rules began with the civility of the Old Treehouse, later to become the Wolverinian Empire, and one might say that we have RESTORED THE OLD REPUBLIC – the early high-interaction model of the Treehouse – except of course that Q discussion is not only allowed but encouraged, and speech is considerably freer in other ways. Please feel free to argue and disagree with the board owner, as nicely as possible.

Please also consider the Important Guidelines, outlined here in the January 1st open thread. Let’s not give the odious Internet Censors a reason to shut down this precious haven.

Remember the 5 words that President Trump and Vice President Pence love to hear:

I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!

Tonight, we pray most of all for our dear brother, Patrick Henry Censored, or PHC for short.

He runs ahead to where we follow.

wolfmoon1776
May 29, 2019 at 19:24

You do what’s best for you, Patrick. I only ask that you save a branch for us. We’ll be along shortly.

Liked by 3 people

PHC
May 29, 2019 at 19:28

A whole forest awaits, wolfmoon1776
I can see it, from my backyard.

Liked by you and 2 other people

wolfmoon1776
May 29, 2019 at 19:32

Dang it, I’m crying. Please stick around for tonight’s daily. I want to make sure everybody sees this.

Liked by 1 person

PHC
May 29, 2019 at 19:33

I can hold out for a couple of hours, wolfie
Liked by you and 2 other people

PHC and W, a short while ago

There are many other comments on Wednesday’s thread where this occurred:

But I add this one from bakocarl – perhaps his shortest poem:

bakocarl
May 29, 2019 at 19:14

As you know, PHC, God is with you and He will carry you when you are unable to walk.

You won’t go gentle in that good night,
But willingly, willingly into God’s Light.

Liked by you and 3 other people

bakocarl to PHC, this evening

With that, I put the Daily Thread up EARLY for once, and invite people to give PHC a hug.

W

May LIBERTY always be in our hearts. AMEN.
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
832 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Sylvia Avery

I bookmarked this to read later. TY!

daughnworks247

Go to Twitter, you have to see what is going on between AOC and Ted Cruz about a clean bill for disaster relief.

phoenixRising

Here’s link to Cruz’ TL … remove * before you cut and paste

phoenixRising

I found conversation wrt banning elected officials from lobbying after leaving (for lifetime)
where’s disaster relief conversation Daughn ?

daughnworks247

It was a funny conversation about trying to get a clean bill for Disaster Relief.
Note: “The Point at which AOC becomes the next victim of the Zodiac Killer”
Hilarious stuff.

Sylvia Avery

I didn’t find disaster relief, but I saw where they are teaming up on an anti lobbying measure? Wow. Well, good luck with that!!!!

michaelh

Sure, not a problem.
You stop the migrant problem.
We pause the tariffs.
Win, win.

Sylvia Avery

Love it when a plan comes together!

michaelh

comment image

Agreed.
Last night, Tucker did a segment on the interference of the Mexican government in our election in 2016. Mexican government officials take a leave of absence for a year and coming to the US to round up votes for Hillary was just one example. Further they come up here and demand to the Mexicans who have moved here that they refuse to learn English. The purpose is to derail their integration into our society. They want them to remain separate and hold onto their Mexican identity so that they can take over the US territory they occupy through basically cultural invasion.
So yes, BUILD THE DAMN WALL. Maybe they can get some former East Germans to figure out how to build a wall on their southern border and keep people out.
I’m out of patience. I suspect AMLO wants this meeting and will try to stall. I bet PDJT won’t be super accommodating.

Linda

He shouldn’t be. He’s tried to work with them for a year and they’ve done very little. They could stop it tomorrow if they want to. I was interested in reading what POTUS wrote that he also told Mexico to do something about their cartels.

Sylvia Avery

More from Gordon Chang about South Korea/China.

michaelh

Moon is an idiot, but I repeat myself.

Marica

Michael– Did you just double moon us? Is that a thing?…asking for a friend (Sylvia)😜

michaelh

lol sure blame it on Sylvia!

Marica

She’s got a Shovel…So… As we say in KY… Slap my A$$ and😂😂 call me Sally! ( actually NO IDEA why we say that)

cthulhu

Because friendly ass-slaps are highly underrated?

cthulhu

For a slightly less silly response…..one of the things you have drilled into your head during your first year working in an accounting position is that the most important person in accounting is “SALY”.
“SALY” stands for “Same As Last Year”. There’s even a thing in audit standards about “accounting principles consistently applied.” It is presumed that when interested parties want to know if a firm is doing better than last year, they’re not going to want to apply a rubber ruler to that determination. It’s something that is firmly beaten into junior accountants — and needfully so. Look up SALY before you bother a manager or partner……
So, at least for accountants, “slap my A** and call me Sally” might have a deeper meaning.

PHC

During a portion of an interview set to air on Friday’s “CBS This Morning,” Attorney General William Barr said that he has concerns over the handling of the Russia investigation, but he doesn’t think the officials who oversaw the investigation committed treason.
CBS News Chief Legal Correspondent Jan Crawford asked, “You don’t think that they’ve committed treason?”
Barr responded, “Not as a legal matter.”
He added, “[S]ometimes people can convince themselves that what they’re doing is in the higher interest, the better good. They don’t realize that what they’re doing is really antithetical to the democratic system we have.”
…………………………………………………………………………………..
THIS, is what a prosecutor says to people who get get immunity for their co operation.

Marica

WOW!! Patrick!!! great catch!!!

PHC

Been a Barr supporter from day one.
He ain’t playin.’……………….And lil jimmy comey, knows it.

Marica

Patrick!! Since PDJT was elected…I have been waiting for SOMEONE else that I could truly TRUST!!! I thought it was Rex or Mattis or whoever… Pompeo–YES! but Needed to see a Domestic vs International teammate!! BARR MADE ME HAPPY FROM DAY !!!!!

cthulhu

I am very happy to see you here with us still, but saddened to think that you are missing the comfort and relief that you well deserve. Ride that tension as you will, you will be cherished and appreciated either way.

grandmaintexas

Twitter is rife with rumors that POTUS may move to Parler…yet another social media site.
I signed up and it is pretty easy to navigate. Some of the bigger names who’ve been banned seem to be migrating there.

Sylvia Avery

Wolfie is on, and I think a couple others signed up.

grandmaintexas

Thanks I’ll look for him.

grandmaintexas

Thank you, because there is a glitch with the search function and I can’t search for other users. I will follow back.
It is very exciting. This social media sight seems to have a lot of energy.

grandmaintexas

Dang, now even my notifications are loopy. They must be getting an influx of activity. I will back out and try again to get my notifications.

Gil

Its late but I didnt see this posted yet. Sounds hopeful the case will be thrown out.bugging defense attorneys is unethical. If you cant win on m erits then naybe theres no there there.
A decorated Navy SEAL facing a murder trial in the death of an Islamic State prisoner was freed from custody Thursday after a military judge cited interference by prosecutors.
The unexpected move drew gasps in a San Diego courtroom after lawyers for Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher presented evidence to get the case dismissed because of prosecutorial misconduct.
The judge has not ruled yet on whether to throw out the case or remove prosecutors for launching an unusual effort to track emails sent to defense lawyers and a journalist to find the source of news leaks in the politically charged case. That hearing continues Friday.
The judge, Capt. Aaron Rugh, said he was freeing Gallagher as a remedy for prosecutors interfering with his Sixth Amendment right to counsel.
Gallagher’s wife, Andrea, who has led a campaign to free her husband, put her hands to her face and burst into tears.
RELATED STORY
Navy SEAL Who Allegedly Killed IS Prisoner Seeks to Toss Case in San Diego Over Withheld Evidence
“I feel like it’s a small victory on the way to the larger victory,” Andrea Gallagher said outside court while her husband stood quietly by her side in his Navy whites. “He’s now free because of the misconduct by these prosecutors.”
He declined to comment.
A spokesman for the Navy prosecutors wouldn’t comment on Gallagher’s freedom or developments at the hearing.
Defense attorney Tim Parlatore had accused prosecutors of a “rogue, relentless, and unlawful cyber campaign” that may have violated attorney-client privilege and hurt Gallagher’s ability to get a fair trial.
Evidence at the hearing showed prosecutors had enlisted a Navy intelligence specialist to conduct criminal background checks on three civilian lawyers, including Parlatore, and a journalist with the Navy Times who has broken several stories based on leaked documents.
RELATED STORY
San Diego Trial Delayed for SEAL Accused of War Crimes as Defense Seeks Info on Email Snooping
The defense said most of the articles based on leaks have been favorable to the prosecution, yet the investigation did not target prosecutors or Naval Criminal Investigative Service personnel.
Efforts to get the case thrown out come as President Donald Trump considers pardoning several service members accused of war crimes, including Gallagher. Gallagher faces trial June 10.
Trump previously got Gallagher removed from the brig and transferred to better custody conditions at a Navy hospital.
During the hearing Thursday, Rugh indicated he was kept in the dark by prosecutors about the email monitoring.
RELATED STORY
Prosecutors Allegedly Tracked Emails of Navy SEAL Charged With Killing IS Prisoner in Iraq
Rugh said prosecutors told him privately they planned to embed code in what he believed to be a court document to help them find the source of leaks. But he said he didn’t have the power to authorize such an investigative tool, and wasn’t told they planned to plant the code in emails sent to defense lawyers or a journalist.
Rugh said he thought prosecutors were coordinating the investigation with the U.S. attorney’s office in San Diego. Rugh said he wasn’t aware that a federal prosecutor told the military prosecutor to make sure they had the judge’s approval before launching the tracking effort.
Parlatore withdrew his motion to have the judge removed from the case after learning he had not authorized the scheme.
The lead prosecutor downplayed the move at a related hearing earlier in the day. Cmdr. Christopher Czaplak said the code embedded in the email recorded nothing more than where and when messages were opened by recipients.
Gallagher has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of an injured teenage militant in Iraq in 2017 and attempted murder for allegedly picking off civilians from a sniper’s perch.
His platoon supervisor, Lt. Jacob Portier, is fighting charges of conduct unbecoming an officer for allegedly conducting Gallagher’s re-enlistment ceremony next to the militant’s corpse.
Czaplak said the tracking ended May 10 after he was confronted by defense lawyers who discovered the code in an unusual logo of an American flag with a bald eagle perched on the scales of justice beneath Czaplak’s signature.
Czaplak acknowledged the effort in a closed-door hearing three weeks ago. He disclosed no other details at the time.
On Thursday, Czaplak said the emails were similar to what marketers use to see when an email is opened and what device was used to open it.
“It’s still a web bug and it’s still unethical” countered defense lawyer Jeremiah J. Sullivan III, who represents Portier.
The judge in Portier’s case, Capt. Jonathan Stephens, said from what he had seen the tracking effort wasn’t able to view the contents of any emails.
Several experts testified that the code embedded in a signature line in the emails collected information on internet protocol addresses and could tell what web browser was being used, the duration it was open and could see if the message had been forwarded. But the information couldn’t generally be used to identify a specific person or capture content.
Josiah Roloff, a data forensics examiner from Spokane, Washington, said the code is typically used by marketing companies and he’s seen it used in undercover investigations. But he said he’s never seen it used to target defense lawyers.

michaelh

Scum. *spit*

Kalbo

Thanks for posting Gil.
Another link below. Hopefully charges will be dropped soon.
*https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/30/navy-seal-eddie-gallagher-released-from-pre-trial-confinement-after-prosecution-suffers-major-blows/

Sylvia Avery

This is the damndest story. I’m glad he’s free for now. WTH is with our government? No regard for defense lawyers/client privilege, everyone’s bugging everyone, malicious prosecution. SMH.

wheatietoo

HusseinO tried to totally destroy our Military.
Pres Trump made a reference to it, that time he said that what Hussein did to our Military, was “unforgiveable”.
Methinks these military prosecutors who are engaging in this scurrilous behavior, were put in place during reign of Hussein…and are still working for him, to demoralize and depress our military people.

Gil

Me too. I was saying this to mr gil tonight.

phoenixRising

Nasty Nan’s head be ‘splodin’ ………………….

Sylvia Avery

You know what impresses me about this is PDJT was well known for not liking to shake hands. At all. Avoided it. But he sucks it up and does what he feels he needs to do to build morale. I admire him.

cthulhu

Then, again, they were wearing gloves…..

Sylvia Avery

🙂 🙂 🙂 You have just officially cracked me up!

Sylvia Avery

“President Donald Trump will be greeted by two 41-gun salutes when he arrives to meet the Queen on Monday for the first day of his state visit to Britain.
In an extravagant display of pomp and ceremony, the military honours at Green Park and the Tower of London will be timed for the exact moment that Mr Trump arrives at Buckingham Palace.
At the Palace he and his wife Melania will receive a formal ceremonial welcome, including a guard of honour by Nijmegen Company the Grenadier Guards…”

Sylvia Avery

How childish can you get. Honestly.
“During the state visit protesters are again hoping to fly the Donald Trump blimp, which depicts the American leader as a baby.
A 16ft talking robot of Mr Trump sitting on a gold toilet is also expected to make an appearance.
It depicts the American leader with his trousers round his ankles while tweeting and says some of his well-known phrases such as ‘stable genius’ and ‘no collusion’, as well as breaking wind.”

SteveInCO

They haven’t begun to plumb the depths of childishness, believe me.

Plumb.
I see what you did there!

TheseTruths

Trying, with pomp and circumstance, to get Pres. Trump to go easy on them for their role in spygate?

wheatietoo

That…and trying to get ahead of the reveal of it, with a big show of ‘respect’.
Then when it is revealed, they can act like:
“Who…us? We would never do that! Look how we treated the President when he was here.”

Sylvia Avery

You put it better. My thought was, “suck up much?”

wheatietoo

Oh no…that eye-twitch thing is annoying when it gets started.
Thanks for letting us know, boss, about the daily.
I was starting to wonder if I should get to work on one.

wheatietoo

Whether it’s figurative or physical…I find that looking at cute puppy pics is a good remedy:comment image

ADORBS!

michaelh

comment image

michaelh

comment imagecomment imagecomment image

wheatietoo

I love these!
Haaaa.

Coldeadhands

Especially like recumbent kitty with the minimalist approach!

michaelh

Freaking VSG Friday – Mexico (AMLO) has been CALLED OUT, BIGLY

wheatietoo

I wish those tariffs went into effect…Immediately!
But PDJT is being a gentleman and giving Obrador some time to stop it.
Again.
Obrador already said that he would stop the caravans.
Well that lasted about two days.
Grrr.

michaelh

Watch now as the lion prepares. The hyenas have been warned, but now the lion is standing ready to confront, roaring and showing his teeth. If the hyenas linger without evacuating, the lion now will strike.

Molly Pitcher

I’m going to do some roaring tomorrow. Since I got back to San Diego my grandsons have been very sick.
One is the never get sick kid..has pneumonia and the other one a nasty lingering stomach virus.
I’m livid that these malicious pols have abdicated even the pretense of governing the State. ALL they’ve done is try to topple Trump at OUR expense. Our kids are catching obscure diseases from the flow of unchecked illegals. Our resources are being stretched.
They’re allowing the cities to become cesspools while they spend every single minute babbling about POTUS.

Sylvia Avery

Oh Molly, I’m so sorry about your grandsons! This is this clip I’ve been talking about:

Sylvia Avery

Oh dear, sorry wrong link. HERE’s the link I wanted to show you

thinkthinkthink

I think 5G is rolling out in San Diego this past month. It’s one of the early cities. That can be hard on immune system which doesn’t help matters.

cthulhu

First an early, then a late……it’s like clocks are rocket surgery around this tree…… /s

bflyjesusgrl

para59r

Getting warm in the bull pen. Real warm.