Clear all

Elize opinion on forum layout

22 Posts
4 Users
56 Likes
Topic starter
(@elize)
Trusted Member

Wolf I figure you're going to be swamped getting this sorted out and configured.

This gives me the opportunity to test out creating a topic and to give my opinion.

I personally prefer the format of the "Wolf added a test topic."

Thank you for providing us a place to communicate and gather.  And thank you to everyone that participates in our community.  It is a true blessing that too many humans don't really appreciate.

God bless all and good night, sleep well.

With ❤️ ❤️ Elize

21 Replies
(@wolfmoon1776)

Thanks!  That would be the THREADED layout!

By the way, I have found that moderators can "unapprove" replies and content without the need to edit or delete them, so I have removed that capability - thus the mods can't accidentally destroy anything - making modding a bit safer.  Just wanted to drop that here where a lot of eyeballs will see it.

3 Replies
(@valeriecurren)

@wolfmoon1776

I LOVE that safety net feature!  This is Your (& God's) Wolf Den/Pack so the ultimate calls should be yours.  Especially when things get cantankerous like the hopium vs nopium discussions!  😎 

(@wolfmoon1776)

@valeriecurren - you got it!  I'm one of the few people who really hates deleting ANYTHING, so it's aways safest to let it go to me in the end.

(@valeriecurren)

@wolfmoon1776

I'm a packrat by nature so I'd probably be the same way.  I hate to alter other people's free speech so I'll even pass along things that might make my mother get pretty flustered 🙂 

By rarely editing things around here you are amassing quite an archive of modern American patriotism w/ a smidge of worldwide MAGA thrown in!!!

(@linda)
Eminent Member

I like both the Threaded forum and the Simple forum and would be happy with either one of them. One thing I noticed on the Threaded forum, though, is that you can't seem to like replies, only the top comment. Am I missing something?

4 Replies
(@elize)

Trusted Member

@linda Yes you can like replies, it's the little thumbs up icon.  😊

(@linda)

Eminent Member

@elize Yeah, I've noticed that today. But yesterday they weren't there. Just another Wordpress glitch?

(@wolfmoon1776)

@linda - you know what - I think maybe you're thinking of the Q&A format, maybe, because one CANNOT like the "comments" on the answers there AT ALL.  You can up or down vote answers, but no likes on comments on the "answers".

OTOH, I have been messing with settings, and it's possible that likes were down on threaded beyond what I knew, and that you experienced something real on threaded.  I can't rule that out.

(@elize)

Trusted Member

@wolfmoon1776 The funny thing is that when I saw that topic and it showed votes, I thought it was a vote post that you made to see how people felt about the forum being created.  Thus my answer and then I was like ooops.  But I definitely gave my opinion on the forum creation.

(@wolfmoon1776)

OK, I just had a bout of "troubles" with the Q&A format, and authored an IT SUCKS thread over there.  But I just wanted to DOUBLE DOWN here.  Threaded is right now my first choice, and Simplified seems like an alternative.  I can even see both of them.

Extended seems kinda "meh", and Q&A SUCKS.

CHANGE MY MIND, ANYBODY!!! 😍 😎 🤣 

10 Replies
(@valeriecurren)

@wolfmoon1776

I'm always thinking contrarian/devil's advocate.  Q & A could be useful when doing some type of Crowd-sourcing work as a Q-Tree team w/ the up/down voting enabling the generalized sorting of the usefulness of the answers.

Like I posited elsewhere since you are already experimenting w/ the different formats you could keep them in reserve for special circumstances or for people who are only more likely to participate in their own comfortable "safe space" 😉 

(@wolfmoon1776)

@valeriecurren - Yes - I could always keep a "Q & A Section" specifically for asking questions!

(@valeriecurren)

@wolfmoon1776

I wonder if you can "divide" the forum in such a way that CT or DP, for example, could use the Q & A format when troubleshooting household repair projects.  It might make the discussion more accessible...

(@wolfmoon1776)

@valeriecurren - this is exactly what I'm thinking, AND am able to do.  A TOP-LEVEL CATEGORY must have a certain layout, and all fora and sub-fora beneath it will have the same layout.  THUS, the "Q&A" forums must all fall under a a top-level Q&A category, separate from the other formats.  We have to keep the Q&A forum separate, in other words.

(@valeriecurren)

@wolfmoon1776

Maybe whenever you "complete" the set up you could design the Q & A side w/ a bit of structure to assist in it's development.

Help Wanted (subbed into home, auto, yard, family, pets etc.)

Covid Crap (treatments, vax reactions, memes, doctor recommendations, lockdown woes, etc.)

MAGA (States--individual state issues as they come up as sub-sub levels, events to promote & reflect on, politicians to support, etc.)

Favorites (movies, songs, shows, artists, cities, museums etc.)

Polls of the Q-Tree forum readership, sky's the limit

Social Media Tips & Troubleshooting (Frank, Gab, Twitter, Telegram, Parler, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)

Drop your handle to find each other, for above categories, etc.

I don't know, use your imagination.  Given this is the Q-Tree you could have an area dedicated to particular Q-drops that appear germane to current situations to crowdsource "meanings" & applicability...all sorts of possibilities! 😎 

Hope that's not too much to process.  I think I'm more of a divergent than convergent thinker 😉 

Thank you for all you are doing to make the Q-Tree the best place to hang out online!!!

(@wolfmoon1776)

@valeriecurren - yeah, I think that the "Q&A users" would likely come up with all kinds of topics, and ultimately I think a lot of people might find them interesting.

One thing that is important, however, is for me to avoid creating a bunch of unused structure.  So if I create fora and subfora, they are going to be designed to be general enough to avoid any need for ME to spend time tweaking the categories.  I may give MODS that ability, but I don't have time for it.

(@wolfmoon1776)

@valeriecurren - I will likely start off with some very general subforums.  THAT will allow me to adjust them later, when we see what topics are generated.

(@valeriecurren)

@wolfmoon1776

Sounds like a plan.  Perhaps you might need to create a "Moderator Logistics" post for the Forum to help manage the housekeeping & not have to tutor us all individually as to what/how to do to help here!

(@wolfmoon1776)

@valeriecurren- probably so.

First thing, I want to get enough consensus on the layout to move forward.  I think I have.  But once I do, very soon, it will be fairly quick

(@linda)

Eminent Member
(@valeriecurren)

It's going to be quite the "reunion" when we can "all" meet face to face in Heaven someday.  Family & friends of the heart & all ❤️ 🌹 😇 🌹 ❤️ 

Share: