It’s been a while. Let’s see if I remember how to do this.
Ohio. The 17th state. The place where the Trump Team chose to relauch MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN…AGAIN:
Over the past four years, President Donald Trump’s administration delivered for Americans of all backgrounds like never before. Save America is about building on those accomplishments, supporting the brave conservatives who will define the future of the America First Movement, the future of our party, and the future of our beloved country. Save America is also about ensuring that we always keep America First, in our foreign and domestic policy. We take pride in our country, we teach the truth about our history, we celebrate our rich heritage and national traditions, and of course, we respect our great American Flag.
- We are committed to defending innocent life and to upholding the Judeo-Christian values of our founding.
- We believe in the promise of the Declaration of Independence, that we are all made EQUAL by our Creator, and that must all be TREATED equal under the law.
- We know that our rights do not come from government, they come from God, and no earthly force can ever take those rights away. That includes the right to religious liberty and the right to Keep and Bear Arms.
- We believe in rebuilding our previously depleted military and ending the endless wars our failed politicians of the past got us into for decades.
- We embrace free thought, we welcome robust debate, and we are not afraid to stand up to the oppressive dictates of political correctness.
- We know that the rule of law is the ultimate safeguard of our freedoms, and we affirm that the Constitution means exactly what it says AS WRITTEN.
- We support fair trade, low taxes, and fewer job-killing regulations, and we know that America must always have the most powerful military on the face of the Earth.
- We believe in Law and Order, and we believe that the men and women of law enforcement are HEROES who deserve our absolute support.
- We believe in FREE SPEECH and Fair Elections. We must ensure fair, honest, transparent, and secure elections going forward – where every LEGAL VOTE counts.
Great! On with the fight.
So, where is this rally happening? Wellington, Ohio:
Wellington was incorporated as a village in 1855.
In 1858, the former American House Hotel (later torn down and replaced by Herrick Memorial Library) was the site of the Oberlin-Wellington Rescue. A group of men, both white and black and many from Oberlin, swarmed the hotel to rescue runaway slave John Price. He was being held by a US Marshal and his men, who intended to return him to his master in Kentucky.
The abolitionists transported Price out of town en route to the Underground Railroad and helped convey him to Canada. Thirty-seven men were indicted, but only two, Simeon M. Bushnell and Charles Henry Langston, were tried in federal court for interfering with the marshal in carrying out the Fugitive Slave Law. After Langston’s eloquent speech about slavery and discrimination, the judge gave them light sentences. The events and trial received national attention, and kept the issue of slavery at the forefront of debate.
Archibald M. Willard, painter of the patriotic Spirit of ’76 painting, lived in Wellington during the 19th century. He is buried in Greenwood Cemetery on the outskirts of the village. The Spirit of ’76 Museum, also located in Wellington, is dedicated to Willard and the history of Wellington. The original drum and fife used as models in the painting are also on display.
In 2010, Wellington was named the “Best Old House Neighborhood” for the state of Ohio by This Old House Magazine in their annual feature article.
Additional links for coverage will be added as they come available.