Admin
Topic starter
(@wolfmoon1776)

We want to know.Β  Please reply in whatever manner you deem fit! 🤣 🤩 🤨 😎 🙃 😜Β 

21 Replies
Admin
Topic starter
(@wolfmoon1776)

And here is my reply!Β  This feels a bit better than the Q&A format.Β  Really don't like that one!

3 Replies
(@valeriecurren)

@wolfmoon1776

The Q & A format isn't really to my taste either.Β  However using that format periodically might be helpful when trying to grade certain answers, getting the most liked to rise to the top, like our own mini-crowd-sourcing functionality...

(@aubergine)

@wolfmoon1776 Wolf, the orange bell "likes" here don't go away unless I click on them. That is going to get really cumbersome when looking for responses to go read. What do I do about that?

(@wolfmoon1776)

Posted by: @aubergine

@wolfmoon1776 Wolf, the orange bell "likes" here don't go away unless I click on them. That is going to get really cumbersome when looking for responses to go read. What do I do about that?

Yes, it's annoying as hell to have all those single "likes" in there, camouflaging "replies", and then not going away easily.

There is a button at the bottom to CLEAR ALL when you click on the bell - what I'm doing is checking the replies, leaving the likes, and then CLEARING the damn thing.

I'm hoping that one of the add-ons fixes the notifications, or at least gives more options.

(@aubergine)

I find this all very confusing, not gonna lie.

7 Replies
(@wolfmoon1776)

Posted by: @aubergine

I find this all very confusing, not gonna lie.

Yup.Β  I'm just starting to get the hang of these formats - and I'm very used to forums.Β  I will agree - forums are confusing at first, and you're being asked to look at 4 different forum styles.

(@valeriecurren)

@aubergine

Β 

Having every answer just drop to the bottom of the page makes it hard to keep track of the conversation too...

(@elize)

Trusted Member
Posted by: @valeriecurren

@aubergine

Β 

Having every answer just drop to the bottom of the page makes it hard to keep track of the conversation too...

Agree

(@steveinco)

@aubergine

Β 

Yes...and no.

If you hit "quote" instead of reply, it will quote what you're replying to.

It also could make it easier for you to watch EVERYTHING that someone says, since there's probably a function that will take you to the first un-read reply, and they'll all be grouped together at the bottom.Β  PROVIDED everyone uses the quote function you should be able to track things.

(@valeriecurren)

Posted by: @steveinco

It also could make it easier for you to watch EVERYTHING that someone says, since there's probably a function that will take you to the first un-read reply, and they'll all be grouped together at the bottom.Β  PROVIDED everyone uses the quote function you should be able to track things.

Good insights.Β  I'd like the "quote" function better if we could Choose just what to quote...Let me see if I can edit what's quoted here...OK so I reduced the quote a bit, so there are some possibilities it seems!Β  😘Β 

(@steveinco)

Good insights.Β  I'd like the "quote" function better if we could Choose just what to quote...Let me see if I can edit what's quoted here...OK so I reduced the quote a bit, so there are some possibilities it seems!Β  😘Β 

Yes, as you can see it's possible to remove the quote-inside-of-a-quote too.Β  Which in a lot of back-and-forths, might save people's sanity.

I know that someone like Scott will probably enjoy this once he learns how to use it--he loves to break apart what he is responding to.Β  The question will be whether he can break it apart or not and have it be obvious what he's doing.

Β 

(@valeriecurren)

Posted by: @steveinco

I know that someone like Scott will probably enjoy this once he learns how to use it--he loves to break apart what he is responding to.Β  The question will be whether he can break it apart or not and have it be obvious what he's doing.

Β 

It might actually be a useful feature when teasing out the minutiae on a topic, if we cannot set up the discussion thread in a sort of Outline style format to keep the rabbit trails somewhat organized.Β  If Gail Combs comes back she might enjoy such a feature too.Β  😇Β 

(@linda)
Eminent Member

This seems to be like the Simple Forum, except that it has people's credentials on the side? Is that the only difference?

1 Reply
(@linda)

Eminent Member

I like this one.

(@linda)
Eminent Member

Okay, I see the difference when I go to the main page of this forum. It shows a short part of each reply to a thread. That's going to get a bit unwieldy with a lot of threads and posts. I didn't see that before when I said that I like it. I think I like the Simple Forum or the main forum better.

3 Replies
(@elize)

Trusted Member

Yes I agree with Linda.

(@wolfmoon1776)

Posted by: @linda

Okay, I see the difference when I go to the main page of this forum. It shows a short part of each reply to a thread. That's going to get a bit unwieldy with a lot of threads and posts. I didn't see that before when I said that I like it. I think I like the Simple Forum or the main forum better.

Gotcha!Β  Let me take a look at the main page.Β  You may be right!!!

(@wolfmoon1776)

Posted by: @linda

Yeah, I can control how many topics and how many replies to each (default is like infinite topics and 4 or 5 posts each) for this extended style.Β  That should not be a problem.Β  I can even make it like zero replies shown on that page.

(@valeriecurren)

Just replying to see where it goes.Β  Does this one not thread replies either?

(@barkerjim)

I am still liking the simple format the best. This is #3.

Admin
Topic starter
(@wolfmoon1776)

Just to let people know, I found out how to increase the page length of ALL of these to go up to 50 "replies" (top level comments) each.Β  At least, that's what SHOULD be happening.

Share: