Are you ready? No rest for the weary! MOAR coffee after a knockout MAGA Rally in PA last night (thank you to all who contributed). Make sure to take your Winnimins this morning. We still have more testimony in the House today and BREXIT votes tomorrow!!!!!!!! How does Flep keep up?
Today is the day Horowitz testifies in the Senate Judiciary Committee with Lindsey Graham presiding. This will be a great chance for us at QTree, and the public in general, to compare and contrast Nadler in the House, with how Senator Graham runs a Judiciary Committee.
We might need to reference the OIG Report during the testimony today, here is the link: https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf
Let’s take a look at who is on the Judiciary Committee to get an idea of what to expect.
- Lindsey Graham – Ranking Chair
- Chuck Grassley – Pro Tempore member of the Senate- Papa is VERY angry with James Comey.
- John Cornyn-Texas (Beto is NOT running against him)
- Mike Lee-Utah (brilliant, but recent love affair with tech companies)
- Ted Cruz – Texas (can’t wait – he overperforms in this setting)
- Ben Sasse – Nebraska (meh)
- Josh Hawley- Missouri (rising star)
- Thom Tillis – North Carolina (recently had his “Come to Jesus moment”)
- Joni Ernst – Iowa (fickle, concubine for the US Chamber of Commerce)
- Mike Crapo – Idaho (also Chair of Foreign Affairs Comm – watch him)
- John Kennedy (The Oxford Scholar with the razor wit)
- Marsha Blackburn (perennial favorite)
- The Democrats
- Diane Feinstein – Minority Chair (too old but guided by powerful staff)
- Patrick Leahy – Vermont (Fed Judge Beryl Howell, the one who wore Mao uniforms to Congress, was his staffer who helped write the Patriot Act – she was the one who ruled Trump Admin to turn over the Grand Jury testimony to Nadler, immediately overruled)
- Dick Durbin, Illinois
- Sheldon Whitehouse, CT, (TDS is strong with this one, expect fireworks)
- Amy Klobuchar, MN (running for President and lagging in polls)
- Chris Koons, Delaware (loves Biden, misses Jeff Flake)
- Dick Blumenthal, CT (deeply involved in Ukraine fiasco, taken money, watch him for cues)
- Maizo Hirono, Hawaii (hasn’t been in press lately, misses the spotlight)
- Cory Booker, NJ (running for Senator and needs to fundraise, expect drama unrelated to subject matter but for effect)
- Kamala Harris (running for VEEP stakes)
It would be foolish for us to ignore the Bill Barr interviews from yesterday, in the context of Horowitz Testimony today. Seems as though Bill Barr put his thumb on the scale and gave the Republicans a magical blueprint for testimony today. Let’s see if they take heed.
Here are the interviews, one more time:
Note how Barr talks specifically about the timeline, and how the investigations continued into the Presidency of Trump under a false premise. Barr explicitly states these investigations should have never gone forward, and probably should have never started (flimsy, a suggestion of a suggestion from a 28yr old campaign volunteer in a bar – when everyone in the WORLD was talking about who had Hillary’s emails). Barr eviscerates Brennan and Comey. He defends the President and leaves his interviewers ……………. shocked and blubbering.
While Barr and Durham, plot and plan the rollout, grooming their proverbial “staches”……
The Dems are once again………..
They can’t beat this guy……… OUR GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!